Saturday, April 13, 2013
Show and Tell (checkpoint 2)
I've chosen to do my show and tell on a play call Extensions. This play was actually written and directed by a friend of mine named India Hawkins-Ross and I was very proud to be able to get my hands on her script. Extensions ventures through the lives of a group of women who share their stories, experiences, and different "extensions" of themselves. The play expands on how as a woman our hair is a direct extension of who we are. We can cut, curl, wash, and color our hair to express our moods and situations. I thought the entire idea beyond the play was pretty creative. I myself am afraid to take an exaggerated plunge by drastically cutting or coloring my hair, but I do feel more stressed when my hair needs to be washed. I feel as though I am carrying all of the stress and strain of the week in my head. Once I wash my hair I always feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I feel refreshed. Extensions was a play that enjoyed reading and watching develop into a stage production. It is definitely one I feel that most women (and maybe some men) could identify with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First of all, that is super cool that your friends with the playwright. So exciting for her and for you to be able to read it and also "show and tell" about it. This play is incredibly creative and I'd definitely love to read it! WOW. Me and my girl friends talk about our "extensions" of ourselves a lot and what all we've been through. For it to be described how we do our hair though is incredibly interesting! I could definitely relate to this play and that's what I like so much about it! Can't wait to get my hands on it.
ReplyDelete